Summer Student Position: Editorial Assistant/Aboriginal School Liason
Position: Editorial Assistant/Aboriginal Schools Liason
Type: summer job / summer student position
Organization: Green Teacher
Location: Downtown Toronto, near Bathurst station
Green Teacher magazine is looking for a summer student to take on the role of Editorial Assistant/Aboriginal Schools Liason. Green Teacher is a small non-profit magazine that focuses on delivering exciting new ideas and activities in the sphere of environmental education. This job is a six-week crash course for someone who is eager to learn about all aspects of running a quarterly magazine: editorial, circulation, marketing and advertising. One minute they might be working on a marketing promotion, the next minute they might be editing an article. There is a special focus for this position on making our magazine more inclusive of Traditional Ecological Knowledge and Aboriginal ways of knowing. This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs and pays $12/hour for 180 hours of work. Scheduling is flexible.
You need to be a full time student intending to return back to school in the fall of 2014. Preference will be given to Aboriginal students with a demonstrated passion for magazine publishing and environmental education.
- solicit articles from Aboriginal educators on environmental education topics
- edit book reviews
- assist in the preparation of new e-books
- create promotional materials
- fulfill orders
- manage subscriber database
- Studying Journalism or Environmental Studies in a post-secondary program
- Strong command of WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite etc.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite such as InDesign and Photoshop considered an asset
- Ability to speak French or Spanish is considered a strong asset
Application Procedure: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 9th.